#3 Fake Issue / 2014 / Current Obsession finds itself caught up in the issue of Fake. And while this may sound like a painful acquisition, we sense Fake to be much more revealing and promising than the negation of reality and originality it implies. Fake deconstructs a given identity and makes deep marks into the superficiality of value, production and glamour. Fake is like the shadow cast by the inflated value balloon we try to uphold, incidentally revealing a remarkable form of ingenuity. It also captures a sense of humour and engagement we as a magazine feel inspired by.
* Extra ! Poster by Lisa Walker + Åbäke
* Interview with Pinar&Viola - Fake=Fearless
* Piece by Piece - Boris de Beijer & Lonneke van der Palen
* Statement piece - Céline Manz
* Travel - Istanbul
* Bling Is Ok! - by Kellie Riggs
* Shanzhai of Shanzhai - by Jing He
* Statement piece - Charlotte Van de Velde
* The Way of the Future - Beatrice Brovia & Nicolas Cheng
* Material - use 2 b usb by Rebecca Stephany
* Exhibition - CRAFT & BLING BLING - FAKE in collaboration with DEPOT BASEL space for contemporary design. Exhibition catalogue is featured at the back of the magazine.
with Philipp Eberle, Adam Grinovich, Sophie Hanagarth, Jing He, Kevin Hughes, Rainer Kaasik-Aaslav, Florian Milker, Edgar Mosa, Barbara Schrobenhauser, Julia Walter, Florian Weichsberger, Mallory Weston + more